- Perform all aspects of billing and/or data entry for professional services including accurate assignment of CPT and ICD-10-CM coding principles, billing processes, reimbursement follow-up, appeals, and analysis.
- Research and identify CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9, ICD-10 and revenues (codes) that are applicable to the business needs of internal customers
- Familiar with accounts receivable and collection activities.
- Utilizes resources available to ensure full compliance with federal Medicare and Medicaid laws and regulatory provisions, and in keeping with the health center mission.
- Serve as a liaison to business units with coding/configuration priority issues
- Research questions and issues from internal customers as they relate to coding
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal Regulations
- Certification required (CPC, CCS-P, CPC-H, RHIT)
- 2+ years’ experience in medical billing for multi-specialty surgical hospital, clinic, or similar facility
- Must have a strong understanding of all medical billing aspects
- Must possess excellent communication and organization skills
- Must possess good typing and or computer data entry skills
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise initiative and decision making, organize work independently, and promote a positive attitude
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Orthopedic and gynecologic surgery background helpful
To apply please submit resume with salary expectations. EEO.